Our clients have an immediate position for an experienced and creative Industrial Designer to join their dynamic and successful team in Edinburgh. This position requires proven creative problem-solving skills, good technical knowledge, aesthetic sensibility, and a human-centered design approach. You will be qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline and have a minimum of 5 years of industry experience, ideally from a consultancy background. You will be able to work to a client brief and/or design requirements, producing high-quality design solutions that are both creative and functional and meet all stakeholder needs.
Experience in medical device or drug delivery design is preferred, with experience of packaging & IFU design bonuses.You will be equally comfortable working alone with minimum supervision or as part of a wider project team and at all times bring your creative input into the collaborative mix, always pushing the boundaries with fresh ideas and technical solutions. Apart from the opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading companies on an exciting and varied range of product development programs, there is also an attractive benefits package & development program.
You will be responsible for the development of well-considered industrial design solutions from strategy, through concept and refinement including presentation and interaction with a wide range of clients.
* Proven experience in the industrial design and realization of mass-produced, global products
* Skill in concept generation via sketch work, hand modeling and rendered images
* Experience in development of medical devices and drug delivery products
* 3D CAD Software Expertise
* Competent use of Adobe Creative Suite Packages
* Experience of KeyShot 3D rendering (or other packages)
* Good understanding of human factors and ergonomics
* Strong, innovative vision supported by a disciplined attention to detail•Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Knowledge of the full product design life cycle
* Proven ability to work in a team or as an individual with little guidance
* Professional awareness and appreciation of client focus
3 D Modeling
New Product Development
Computer Aided Design