£38,000 - £40,000 p/a – Band 6 Equivalent | FT Days | Great Benefits | Covering Nursing Homes Nationwide – Remote Working Available | Nurse or Non-Nurse Candidates Considered | IPC Experience Essential
A leading social care provider is currently looking to recruit an experienced Infection Control Specialist to join their Care Quality Team and take the lead on infection prevention and control for the group.
Details of this Infection Control Lead role and what is on offer:
* A permanent contract to work full-time days/37.5 hours per week
* A great annual salary in the region of £38,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
* A company pension scheme and sick pay programme
* Ongoing learning and development opportunities and support with CPD
* Your NMC registration fees paid (for Registered Nurses)
* The role is flexible and can be home or office-based at a number of locations within the group, and some travel and overnight stays will be required
In this role, you will play a key role in developing and implementing proactive and robust infection prevention and control governance and quality assurance frameworks throughout approx. 80 care home and supported living facilities located throughout Southern England. You will ensure new-builds and refurbishments effectively incorporate IPC design features, and you will advise on best practices when introducing and using new equipment, in addition to playing a key role in the management of clinical waste streams.
What we are looking for:
* Ideally you will be a qualified Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD, current NMC registration is not essential) but health and social care professionals with a range of qualifications may also be considered
* A qualification in Infection Control and Prevention is essential for this role, along with experience in a multi-site organisation
* You should have experience in a senior role within adult care/the care home sector, with strong working knowledge of CQC essential standards, the Mental Capacity Act, Safeguarding and Health & Safety regulations in addition to comprehensive understanding of the Care Act and its’ practical implications
If you are interested and would like to apply, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Phill Ogden at SYK Recruitment now on (phone number removed).
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation