an exciting oppurtunity for a scientific graduate with a strong background in imaging and optics to enter a commercial science position!
ROLE: Internal Sales Engineer
LOCATION: Welwyn Garden City
Summary of role:
- To identify and develop relationships with Customers / Prospects in order to progress existing and future business opportunities in the UK & Ireland
- To contribute to the Internal Sales Plan for the current year and to develop new growth opportunities for the future
- To support ( Field ) Sales Engineers in execution of their duties
Responsibilities and Duties:
All employees of the organisation are expected to perform tasks as defined by their manager and to help their work colleagues as required.
This is a list of the predominant job functions.
1. Explaining our product brochures and technical information to customers, and providing
technical advice where appropriate.
2. Providing application support to customers wherever possible.
3. Providing both written and verbal quotations to customers and entering into commercial
negotiation to secure the business.
4. Probing for commercial information from enquires.
5. Progressing all sales leads to secure the business, or when necessary to investigate why
the business was not successful.
6. Providing technical and commercial information to the parent company in Japan, then
liasing with our engineers to help answer customers queries.
7. Daily activities such as updating Company's CRM system. Updating company filing
systems after corresponding with a client.
8. Providing support to our team of field sales engineers and their customers when they are
out of the office.
9. Providing literature and other information to customers.
10. Attending the regular sales meeting to discuss business.
Infrequent and Other Possible Tasks:
1. Help to set-up and attend exhibitions.
2. Helping to write advertisements and press releases, where necessary.
3. Helping to resolve customer logistical problems, such as late delivery, rejected goods, late
4. Helping to produce reports such as sales forecasts and sales data, when requested.
5. Obtaining competitor technical and commercial information.
6. Studying market trends and helping to find new applications.
7. Helping to find new business opportunities by looking at particular application and market
areas: calling unknown clients, mailshots, etc. This is done in conjunction with sales
8. Demonstrating technical equipment, when appropriate
9. Performing other sales related tasks as requested by the sales manager.
Science Graduate required with limited or no sales experience. Typically, a physics graduate (or similar) either recently graduated or with one / two years work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience and Personality:
Minimum of Degree in Physics
No Sales experience needed, but must have aptitude for sales (for Field Sales, experience required)
Strong communication skills
Fluent English , both written and oral
Strong team spirit