ITU Nurse | Critical Care Nurse | Band 5| Full Time or Part Time| 37.5 hours a week| Mixed Shifts |Possible
Spire Southampton is recruiting experienced ITU/Critical Care Staff Nurses to join their small and friendly Critical Care Team.
The Critical Care department combines HDU & ITU, which is Level 2/3 and comprises of 7 beds covering a wide variety of clinical specialties including; Cardiac, Thoracic, Hepatobiliary, Neuro, Spinal and complex GI and Urology. The majority of cases are Cardiac so experience of working within a Cardiac ITU is desirable but not essential.
Due to the multi-specialty nature of the role, this is a perfect opportunity for a nurse who wants to develop their skills. HDU and ITU specific courses are available to participate in.
Spire Southampton provides a wide range of services including day care and inpatient and outpatient services. The main activity is elective (planned) surgery, and more complex procedures such as cardiac and spinal surgery are supported by the onsite critical care facilities.
The hospital works in partnership with local NHS acute hospital trusts, for example in recent provision of robotic surgery, and there is a large refurbished outpatient department along with extensive diagnostic imaging services.
Duties and responsibilities
- The post-holder will have experience in either ITU or Critical Care, caring for level 2/3 patients.
- You will make sure that the patient’s care is consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures, also ensuring a clean and safe environment.
- You will also promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors and assist Senior Staff in their management of department and provide effective leadership and management in their absence.
Who we're looking for
You will be a Registered Nurse used to working with minimum supervision and experience of working in an acute environment. A minimum of 6 months experience working in General or Cardiac Intensive Care is desirable as is a mentorship certificate.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Penny Lawless on 07715 055760 or [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications