Catering Assistant / Cook / Junior Chef | Catering | Worcester | Permanent | Part Time | 30 hours | Salary DOE
We are looking for a Catering Assistant / Cook / Junior Chef to join our dynamic catering team here at Spire South Bank in Worcestershire. This perfect opportunity for someone with a basic knowledge of food preparation to make the next step in your career.
This is a permanent position, working part time - 30 hours per week. This will suit an individual looking to continue or develop a career in the catering sector. This is a great opportunity to work in catering without the unsociable hours.
We have a flexible approach and are able to discuss how your weekly shifts would sit, the minimum requirement is that you can commit to alternate weekends. Shift are Monday to Friday 06.00-12.00 and 12.00-18.00 and to include alternate weekends. Saturdays 07.00 – 18.00 and Sunday 07.00 – 14.00.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of our Catering department you will be responsible for the preparation of meals for our patients and staff.
- This will include preparing all meals from our corporate menu
- Assisting with ensuring high standards of health and safety are met.
- You will be working across all sections of our kitchen including sandwiches, grill, and desserts.
- Providing a high quality catering service.
Who we're looking for:
- Someone with or willing to complete level 2 / 3 food hygiene/preparation qualification
- Experience / knowledge of working in a similar role in catering or hospitality.
- Ability to work alternate weekends
- Good communication and customer service skills
- A team player confident in interacting across a diverse range of people
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
- Customer Service
- Food Safety