Junior Investigator and Administrator | Audit, Risk & Compliance | Competitive Salary | Remote | Full time, Permanent
Spire Healthcare has an exciting new opportunity in our Audit, Risk and Compliance team. We are looking for an experienced individual to ensure the provision and maintenance of an efficient administration service to the Department. Particular focus will be on administrating the Whistleblowing process, management of Freedom to Speak queries and ad hoc support for the functional Director, Risk and Data Protection teams.
This is a remote role, full time, permanent and periodic travel might be required.
Please apply only if you can commit to the above.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain the register of all concern cases being investigated by Spire Healthcare, with oversight from the Corporate Concerns Officer and functional Director.
- Support clinical and non-clinical governance investigations conducted by the functional Director and Corporate Concerns Officer
- Support the function with the administration of ad hoc projects (some of which can be months in duration) including the administrative support for recruiting project staff, onboarding, providing equipment, and ensuring administrative procedures when staff leave are completed.
- Practice and maintain a high standard of confidentiality at all times and exercise absolute discretion in the use of all patient/consultant/staff information
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good standard of secondary education with demonstrable literacy and numeracy skills
- Professional education, qualified or part qualified (e.g. legal)
- Track record of successful delivery in a similar role, in a healthcare office and/or customer service environment
- Knowledge of the Freedom to Speak Up and Whistleblowing processes
- Understanding of the regulatory background applicable to managing concerns in a healthcare environment, e.g. CQC, legal and data protection
- Experience in formal reporting writing
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Knowledge of the healthcare market
- Working knowledge of Datix
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employee’s well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.