ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
Reporting into the Sales Manager, Food UK, the main aim of this full time position is to profitably develop ALS’s business with a designated portfolio of clients and use the role to establish ALS as the clear testing partner of choice.
Given the intended client base and the geographical spread of the existing sales team, the applicant will ideally be based at or adjacent to Shrewsbury.
Main Duties to include:
* Act as the focal point for all communication and everything that happens between ALS and a defined list of clients.
* Provide a continual assessment of the key business opportunities and risks and ensure that we have the most appropriate strategy in place at all times to achieve our sales targets.
* Secure new business for ALS by proactively targeting its key competitors in the local area.
* Although the role is predominantly site based, it will include some travel (to visit customers and ALS UK sites) and may also require occasional overnight stays.
* Enhance our reputation and protect our existing business by developing strong client relationships through a mixture of face-to-face meetings and proactive written and verbal communication.
* Offer day to day client support, responding proactively with advice on technical matters, pricing queries and explanation of results.
* Work with internal colleagues across the business (Technical, Quality, Logistics, Finance)
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Technical experience/scientific background (eg. microbiology, chemistry) preferable
* Some previous experience of working within the food industry (ideally for a service provider) preferable
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Enthusiastic & friendly disposition
* Ability to persuade and influence others
* Ability to work under pressure
* Good analytical skills; ability to act upon information given and use initiative
* Attention to detail
* Tenacity; determination
This is a great opportunity for someone with client facing experience who is keen to take their first step into more of an account management role
Attention To Detail