We are currently working in partnership with one of the UK's Lighthouse Labs, UK Biocentre in Milton Keynes. Due to an increase in testing for COVID-19, we are recruiting for additional Laboratory staff
**START DATES OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS**
This is a really exciting opportunity to assist with the COVID-19 pandemic - DEGREE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE ACCEPTED
Current contract length for this position is until March 2022, however could be extended. We are looking for candidates that are within a commutable distance of Milton Keynes that can commit to the full length of the contract.
Working Hours: Rotational Shift DAYS 8am-8pm & NIGHTS 8pm-8am, 3 days on 2 days off, 2 days on 3 days off (working a 7 day fortnight)
Lab Assistant - £11.00 per hour rising to £12.15 per hour after 12 weeks
Lab Technician - £13.57 per hour / equivalent to £28,400 salary
* Managing of samples from receipt through to sample processing and storage in line with laboratory processes.
* Cleaning the laboratory
* Report equipment/process issues in accordance with relevant SOPs
* Working in accordance to laboratory SOPs and quality standards.
We are ideally looking for candidates with the below experience:
* Experience of sample processing
* Experience of operating liquid handling systems
* Awareness of the Human Tissue Act (HTA).
* Experience of working in an ISO9001 (or equivalent) environment
* Experience performing biological assays in a scientific research or diagnostic laboratory
For further details and to apply please submit your CV and we will be in touch
- Scientific Studies
- Quality Management
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Storage (Computing)
- Iso 9000