£35,000 - £40,000 / year
NHS Band 6
An experienced laboratory manager to support a growing team making a big impact in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. You will be responsible for the efficient and effective running of the laboratory and act as the main point of contact for all laboratory matters with the R&D, engineering, Quality and Finance teams. You will ensure that the Class VII clean rooms and equipment are maintained, calibrated, and cleaned according to the ISO 14644 standard, and that everyone is working in a safe environment. You will show a keen aptitude to problem solving, balance leadership with a hands-on approach and support both research and administrative activities in a dynamic environment.
* Control of the Laboratory facility assets e.g. equipment, tools, components, IT equipment
* Ensure staff are working safely by carrying out lab inductions of new staff and providing training on safe use of equipment
* Creation and review of Laboratory documentation such as SOPs, risk assessments, COSHH assessments.
* Maintaining compliance with QMS and H&S requirements, including COSHH, risk assessments (and acts as a role model for others on compliance)
* Leading regular Facility meetings, ensuring actions are followed up in a timely manner and communication of issues to stakeholders across the company
* Management of facility maintenance, monitoring and cleaning to ensure continued compliance with ISO 14644 Class 7.
* Ensure all laboratory equipment is maintained in good working order and calibrated and serviced against schedules
* Controlling stock, and the maintenance of inventory levels.
* Working alongside the Quality Department to carry out laboratory audits and to implement improvements as identified.
Experience and skills:
* A hard-working and can-do attitude, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn and drive continuous improvements
* Experience within either a laboratory or clean-room supervisory role
* Experience of working in a quality-controlled environment e.g. ISO13485 / 14644 /17025 /GLP/GMP
* Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures
* Competent with office software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc)
* Be familiar with safety and health laws and ensure compliance.
The behaviours we value:
* Teamwork: taking individual responsibility and supporting team members. This role requires a
* mix of leadership and doing what needs to be done!
* Transparency: communicating openly and highlighting issues promptly
* Excellence: delivering high quality outputs; aware of priorities and deadlines. Self-motivated and show initiative to identify new work and seek out new technology, equipment, or procedures to improve efficiency and ways of working in the laboratory.
* Consideration: Considerate with concern for impact on others
* Learning: embracing personal development
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job