We are currently recruiting for Laboratory Shift Managers for various locations around the UK to assist with COVID-19 testing. You will need to be Fully Fleixble due to travel requirements of the role and be happy to work any shift. This will be an ongoing role until approximately April 2021.
Start Date: Week Commencing 16th November
As we prepare for winter, the UK’s testing capacity is growing. Put your previous experience to valuable use and support the Covid recovery efforts to help reopen society and the economy.
In this role, you will:
* provide oversight to the project and provide end-to-end testing daily process management.
* work closely with other senior roles to ensure that lab processes are carried out safely, efficiently, and to the standard required of the laboratory accreditation.
* manage staff during your shift, including overseeing the effective management of staff in line with the laboratory’s procedures.
* be expected to create and review technical documents and SOPs compliant with the laboratory’s accredited standards, as well as ensuring compliance with any other quality or health and safety requirements.
* BSc (Hons) in a biological science
* Extensive experience using a variety of PCR methods
* Experience maintaining documents and procedures within laboratory accreditation specifications
* Proven experience of managing people
* Experience of supervising staff in a laboratory setting
* Experience effectively managing full rota process
* Higher-level degree or professional qualification (eg Msc, Higher Specialist portfolio)
* HCPC registered
* Experience of PCR methodology
* Extensive experience of supervising a team in a laboratory setting
* Experience of Health and Safety regulations and procedures
The skills required include the ability to troubleshoot PCR preparation processes and carry out appropriate corrective actions/investigations; ability to deliver and record training in accordance with the organisation’s procedures; excellent communication and extensive team-working skills; and excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills.