ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
The Carlisle site has just won some new business and is looking to recruit laboratory technicians into their microbiology team.
The Laboratory Technician will work on a permanent basis within the Laboratory at ALS Carlisle. Working as part of a team the Laboratory Technician will assist in the microbiological testing of samples, help with the daily quality function and aid the efficient operation of the laboratory in order to meet customer and internal requirements.
Basis: Permanent / Full Time -
Shifts: Tuesday – Friday 12.45 – 21.45 and Saturday 11.30 – 20.30
The position will be responsible for:
* Preparing samples for analysis including weighing, diluting and homogenising
* Completing serial dilutions onto selective agars
* Incubating the samples at specific temperatures
* Calibration checking the laboratory equipment
* Analysing samples for a wide range of routine microbiological indicator organisms and pathogens
* Ensuring assigned work is carried out in a timely fashion following the relevant procedures.
* Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene within the lab
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Experience working within any hospitality, fast food, production line, food production environment would be beneficial
* The ability to work alone and as part of a team
* A keen eye for detail and the ability to work on own initiative.
* Good communication skills, written and oral.
* Be able to accurately follow written procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated person to start their career and develop their skills within an international company.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company