ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
The Laboratory Technician will work on a temporary basis within the Laboratory at ALS Carlisle. Working as part of a team the Laboratory Technician will assist in the microbiological testing of samples, help with the daily quality function and aid the efficient operation of the laboratory in order to meet customer and internal requirements.
Basis: Temporary - 40 hours per week
Shift: Tuesday – Friday 12.45 – 21.45 and Saturday 11.30 – 20.30
The position will be responsible for:
* Performing work allocated without deviation from the documented methodology and / or procedure whilst maintaining high levels of quality control.
* Conforming with all site Quality Management systems and Health and Safety procedures.
* Performing analysis within the timescales required and ensure that result availability is in line with method and client expectations.
* Ensuring that the laboratory areas are kept clean and tidy. To remove waste frequently and ensure it is disposed of in the correct manner.
* Ensuring that all records are completed concisely and accurately with paperwork written in clear handwriting.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* The ability to work alone and as part of a team in a busy laboratory
* Experience in a high throughput food environment
* A keen eye for detail and the ability to work on own initiative.
* Good communication skills, written and oral.
* Be able to accurately follow written procedures.
* Previous laboratory experience would be an advantage but full training will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company