We are working alongside our client; a specialist in the field of Microbiology and Toxicology, in recruiting a Laboratory Technician, who will be working within the Sterility department. This is a full time, permanent position, to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be joining our client' Sterility department testing a variety of pharmaceutical and medical device samples. Further details can be found below, but the role will not be limited to this list:
* Preparation of pharmaceutical and medical device products for sterility runs
* Routine sterility testing in a half suit isolator in a Grade D cleanroom
* Collating data for laboratory records for the preparation of reports and for compliance with quality procedures for work performed
* Undertaking routine basic laboratory duties and/or clerical duties unsupervised, documenting work in compliance with company procedures
* Working in compliance with GMP and GLP standards
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience.
* Minimum of 5 GCSEs at level C or equivalent, including Maths and English; degree in microbiology
* Working experience of sterility testing
* Working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing (cGMP) and Good Laboratory (cGLP) Practices
* Experience and knowledge in pharmaceutical microbiological techniques in an aseptic environment
* Experience working in isolators or glove boxes is desirable