Rare opportunity to join a prestigious laboratory in London! A leading global chemical company is seeking an experienced scientist to join their highly regarded Mass Spectrometry team.
As a member of the team, you will work on national and international research projects focusing on protein mass spectrometry research.
The key accountabilities of the role include:
* Development and validation of mass spectrometry methods for the quantification of protein biomarkers in liquid matrices
* Work on a broad range of mass spectrometry instruments including QQQ, QTOF, Orbitrap, IMS-MA, capillary, analytical and ultra-high performance chromatography
* Train and supervise junior members of the team
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* A PhD in Chemistry (or related subject) and/or relevant experience
* Strong hands-on experience with mass spectrometry related to protein biomarkers in biological samples
* Previous experience in writing papers and presenting their work to scientific peers and/or stakeholders
* A desire to develop as a leading expert mass spectrometrist
Our client will also consider candidates with peptide/protein sequencing and characterisation experience using high resolution mass spectrometry systems.
This is a challenging and rewarding role for which all applicants with an appropriate scientific background, enthusiasm and willingness to learn are encouraged to apply!
Key words: Scientist, Senior Scientist, Researcher, protein mass spectrometry, proteomics, biomarkers, mass spectrometry, mass spec, mass spectrometer, research, organic chemistry, bioanalysis, organic mass spectrometry, London, South East, VRS7035FP
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website