£45,000 - £50,000
Eclypse Recruitment are seeking to recruit a Lead Clinician for the Minor Injury unit at their Service in Portsmouth. This service in Portsmouth is running GOOD with the CQC very reputable locally. This hospital specialises in minor hand and foot surgery, eye surgery, general surgery, urology, colorectal surgery and endoscopy.
We are seeking a Lead Clinician for our Minor Injuries Unit in the South East. This is a Permanent Full Time (37.5 hours) position predominantly Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work.
- To have responsibility for the delivery of Clinical Patient Services
- To have responsibility in ensuring clinical Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) are met.
- To be an active member of the clinical team allocating staff and resources effectively to demonstrate clinical leadership and safe and effective patient care.
- To work clinically along-side the team at least once a week to demonstrate clinical leadership, team working and to observe practices and behaviours.
- Prioritise patient care throughout the unit.
- Support junior staff with supervision and development as part of clinical supervision processes.
- Take the lead role alongside the Service Manager in event of any major incident.
- Ensure a high level of health and safety is adhered to within the department
- To work autonomously making individual decisions using CCG approved clinical guidelines and patient group directions.
- Maintain standards of infection control within the unit and during clinical care.
- Referral / sign posting to appropriate health professional / services.
- Continuously review and develop services and staff.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experienced at a senior level in an: Acute setting. Primary Care or another related area
- Experienced of working and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Evidence of team leadership and supervision of junior staff.
- NMC registration
- BSc or BA Health Studies or equivalent subject
- Teaching and assessing qualification.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional development (CPD).
Attractive salary £45,000 - £50,000, attractive hours working for a very attractive company
Please submit CV if interested in this position