Applications close in 2 days
Lead Nurse - EGL009K
Lead Nurse - Dartford
Eglantine Villa - OUTSTANDING Bupa Care Home
£30,903 - £40,622 - pro rata per annum, based on a 42 hour contract
salary will be based on relevant skills and experience Support with travel can be negotiated if support is required
About the role
* You will play a key role within the home, overseeing and assisting every aspect of nursing care and activities within the home. You will be responsible for creating and updating individual care plans for our residents as well as maintaining clear, accurate, up-to-date medication records
* Drawing on your clinical experience, you will provide valuable support, guidance and assistance to the team around you
* By creating and developing strong relationships with key partners within the community, you will play an important role in strengthening the Bupa brand and raising the care home's profile
* You'll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home through efficient management of staff rotas, and from time to time, will provide cover out of hours, as required
* To lead a team of Clinicians for 25 Nursing beds
Who we're looking for
* You will be a level one Registered Nurse
* You will possess a sound and up-to-date knowledge of tissue viability, infection control and care planning
* With a real understanding of the benefits that the right nursing care can bring to residents' lives, you will champion independence, choice and dignity by delivering the highest quality care to our residents
* An ability to build a warm rapport with residents and their families
* A natural educator, you will continually seek to share your knowledge of elderly care with those around you
* A good time manager, who can prioritise effectively and work independently.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
* Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools
* A starting salary which reflects your current skills and experience. You will be given every opportunity to increase this salary through training and development
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Interest free travel ticket loans
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* We cover the cost of NMC registration (£120)*
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift
* Uniform provided
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* 28 days annual leave
* Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
About the home
The stunning Eglantine Villa is a converted private residence that's been converted and modernised to a very high standard. The outstanding care home offers a delightful 50-room residential and nursing home set in three-and-a-half acres of beautiful gardens. The home is made up of two separate buildings (Jasmine Lodge and Lavender Cottage) that provide very specialist care. Both have the benefit of access to the glorious landscaped gardens - complete with conservatory and patio area.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Dedicated to making lives better.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
* Payment will be made after completion of one year's service.
Eglantine Lane Horton Kirby
Dartford DA4 9JL
Salary Amount: £30,903 - £40,622