Lead Oncology Pharmacist | Salary dependent on experience | Leicester | Full Time, No Nights.
Spire Leicester has expanded its services and as a result, we have a brand new opportunity for an experienced Pharmacist to lead our Oncology Pharmacy Service. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced healthcare professional to join our team and play a critical part in the growth of this key service at our hospital.
Founded in 1989, Spire Leicester is a high performing hospital with a great track record in superior patient care. We practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging, and diagnostic technology, meaning we can offer everything from screening, rehabilitation and cutting-edge surgical procedures in specialist fields like orthopaedics and cancer care.
Duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, you will be responsible for leading a small team of Oncology Pharmacists and the day to day coordination of the department. You will also be someone who can develop the service in line with our growth ambitions. As a Pharmacist you will also be responsible for the following:
- The provision of an exemplary pharmacy service, in accordance with current legislation, clinical requirements and accepted professional and ethical standards
- The provision of advice and support to consultants, other clinicians and patients whilst ensuring the safe, appropriate and cost-effective use of medicines.
- To advise on the safe management of medicines to the hospital and it’s departments, whilst staying compliant with current legislation and professional standards
- Promoting a patient focused multidisciplinary approach to the delivery of an efficient, high quality healthcare service.
Who we're looking for:
- Be GPHC registered - your registration should not have any restrictions or conditions
- You must have experience in Oncology and be able to hit the ground running in this environment
- Experience in leading or supervising a team would be desirable
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Andy on [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications