Lead Practice Nurse - Birmingham
Babylon have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Practice Nurse to work across our clinics based in Birmingham. This role is an integral part to ensure we provide leading healthcare within the innovative GP at Hand Service and work with a varied caseload as we continue to treat more patients across the capital. Working in a Primary Care setting you will be situated in the worlds innovative healthcare provider you will be responsible for implementing strategies and supporting GP’s as well as HCA’s and Phlebotomist. You will be a key member of the team and entrusted to develop the service to be effective as it can be with your experience, passion and ability to streamline processes.
We require a creative, dependent and supportive Lead Nurse to help deliver our award-winning service and assist patients who are required to attend a clinic for further assessment or undertake LTC management and routine Practice Nurse duties like smear etc. We are offering a unique opportunity to work in one of our clinics and to work on a varied caseload across a range of patients whom have signed up to our service via the Babylon App which is the first digital nursing portal.
What is Babylon?
Working for Babylon is the most innovative way to be able to care for a wide range of patients and provide them with high quality and convenient healthcare. Combining our leading healthcare professionals with the most advanced technology we are able to provide a sustainable solution to the problem many Nurses are facing in the UK. We enable you to do what you do best – treat patients!
The Lead Practice Nurse will:
● Initially the successful applicant will support the development and set up of a completely new GP practice.
o They will be responsible for the patient list and the introduction of the extended nursing team as the list size grows – this includes carrying out clinical activity as required.
▪ Management/Clinical split will be flexible to meet the clinical needs of the service – but it is anticipated this will be 80% Clinical 20% management – but will change overtime.
● provide leadership and mentorship to the team of Practice Nurses, Health Care Assistants and Phlebotomists.
● provide leadership in the practice’s fulfilment of the Quality Outcomes Framework and local Quality Improvement Schemes.
● work as part of the primary healthcare team providing personal medical services to the practice patients. This will include chronic disease management, treatments and dressings, immunisations, health screening and health promotion.
● Chronic disease management: Respiratory Disease (Asthma/COPD), Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease – Applicant should hold diplomas
● Assist in/perform routine tasks related to patient care as directed by Nurse Manager and GPs
● Wound care / ulcer care / Doppler
● Travel Health
● Removal of Sutures
● New Patient Medicals / Urinalysis
● Hypertension Management
● Ear syringing
● Routine immunisations / Childhood immunisations
● Assisting GPs with minor surgery and coil fittings
● Chaperoning and assisting patients where appropriate who are being examined by another clinician
● Requesting pathology tests, for example urine culture, swabs
● Following agreed clinical protocols with referral to Nurse Manager or GPs as appropriate
● If appropriate, prescribe medicines in accordance with the NMC Standards for Medicines Management (2007), the NMC Code of Professional Standards (2015) and the Nurse Prescribing Implementation Plan (1998).
● Other tasks will include
o Maintaining and cleaning equipment used by the nurses and GPs
o Maintain general tidiness and cleanliness of nurses and treatment rooms, including stocking and rotating items as required
o Maintain stock of waiting room leaflets as instructed by partners and Practice Manager
o Ordering of Health Promotion Literature
o Ordering of vaccinations to maintain stock levels
o Participation in administrative systems in the Practice
o At all times there will be a need to maintain accurate records
o A duty to advise the management team of potential problems or errors within the range of assigned tasks
o Attend and participate in any Practice meetings when required.
o On occasion there may be a requirement to undertake home visits
o Any other delegated duties appropriate to the post
What is required?
● Registered General Nurse with evidence of current NMC registration
● GPN qualification
● Qualifications/signed competencies in the activities listed below and a willingness to work towards any not yet obtained
● Management qualification or relevant experience 2 years +
What we offer?
- Unparalleled and Enhanced NHS remuneration package
- Flexible working patterns
- Clear career progression
- Ability to have a voic