We are looking for a Registered Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD or Mental Health / RMN, with a passion for delivering the best quality of care, to join us out our Learning Disability Service in Scotland.
You will be working 40 hours per week at Trinity House, located in Lockerbie.
Trinity House supports upto 13 adults with learning disabilities and complex needs within a structured and therapeutic environment.
• Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
• Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
• Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
• Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
• NHS and employee discount scheme
• 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
• Free meals on duty
• Free parking
• RCNi membership
• Bespoke career pathways
• Plus many more
• Experience as a Registered Nurse Mental Health / RMN or Learning Disability / RNLD with a current Pin Number
• Experience in a Learning Disabilty service or working with those who has learning diabilities and/or complex needs.
• The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
• A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
• A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
• Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
• Experience working in a residential environment
• The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
• An interest in leadership, research and assessment
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Trinity House has 13 en-suite bedrooms in a detached period property set away from the main road. There is a choice of living areas, a bright dining room, an activities room and a life skills kitchen. Outside there is an established garden with greenhouses and seating areas for relaxing with friends. Trinity House also has a “secret garden”; a piece of conservation land that was donated locally to the residents to manage and utilise. The secret garden hosts Trinity House’s annual firework display, as well as barbeques throughout the summer
The team at Trinity House are focused on ensuring that residents are part of their local community and can access education, employment and other opportunities to meet their needs. Individuals are supported at local paid and voluntary work placements, as well as at living and vocational skills courses at the local college.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply.