Are you looking to make a difference and improve the lives of those with autism?
We are looking for patient and caring individuals to join our private adult day centre, as a Learning Support Worker.
You will be working individually and within small groups with adult learners who have an autism diagnosis, supporting their development of knowledge and skills that will enhance their well-being, independence and social inclusion.
Using an educational approach and enjoyable learning techniques, you will support our adult learners to succeed and make significant differences to their lives.
You will work in our Centre for Lifelong Learning as well as accompanying our adult learners in the community Y
You will make a difference to our adult learners by:
* Supporting participation in social, leisure and educational activities within the local community • Encouraging and enabling learning and development in all aspects of daily life
* Facilitating and supporting learners' decision making, promoting choice and the ability to reach their potential for independence
* Collecting, recording and analysing data to monitor progress and improve learning programme
We offer our Support Workers:
* High quality training and support (including Crisis Intervention, Epilepsy, Administering Medication, Safeguarding & First Aid)
* Regular career progression opportunities
* Opportunity to gain fully funded qualifications (including Care Certificate, Registered Behaviour Technician and Behaviour Analysis accreditations)
* The chance to work in a friendly and supportive environment
* The opportunity to work 1 to 1 with our adult learners
* A role with no evening, weekend or shift requirements
Hours: Monday - Friday, 09:00am - 5:00pm (Part time is also considered) (No evening/weekend/Christmas/New Year working)
Holiday: 23 Days Annual Leave