Lifestyle Coordinator - Hastings - £8.75 p/h
Amber Mace are currently recruiting for a Lifestyle Coordinator to join the team at a medium-sized nursing home in Hastings. Your duties will include arranging and coordinating fun and wholesome activities for the elderly residents, some of whom may be living with dementia or other age-related conditions. You will work closely with the residents of the home, forging close and meaningful friendships with them, maximising their quality of life and working with the multi-disciplinary team in ensuring that their time in the home is the best it can be.
You will be organising appropriate activities, events and outings. You will need to ensure that the activities are inclusive, stimulating and interesting. You will be involved with in-house events such as birthday parties, Christmas dos, summer fetes etc.
Your main duties as Activates Coordinator will include:
• Arranging days out
• Arranging coach/mini bus hire
• Organising birthday parties etc.
• Controlling and maintaining the stock and budget of activities equipment, materials and resources
• Building meaningful relationships with the residents, helping them adjust to life in the home
• Create and manage ongoing lifestyle programmes in line with resident`s own care needs
• Build links with relevant organisations outside of the home
• Support residents in staying in touch with friends & family
• Assist residents in creating personalised diaries with photos and memories for them to share with friends, family and significant others
The successful Activities Coordinator candidate will possess:
• Experience working with the elderly desirable
• A vibrant, energetic and caring nature is essential for this role
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Flexible and capable of meeting resident`s individual needs; sometimes you will be required to work weekends and outside a 9-5 shift pattern. There is a £1 hourly enhancement for weekends.
If you are interested in applying for the Activity Coordinator roles, then please do not hesitate to give Jake at Amber Mace on [Click here to apply]
or email an up to date CV to [Click here to apply]