At Helping Hands, we've been providing home care for over 30 years, so we know what it takes to deliver exceptional care. But we also take care of our own - those who go above and beyond every single day for our customers.
Live-in care assistants cover all manners of support for those who require care at home - from companionship and days out to personal care and housekeeping. If you're looking for a role that is flexible around your lifestyle, has guaranteed pay and is doing something that genuinely makes a difference, look no further.
At Helping Hands, we can offer the following benefits for our live-in care assistants:
- Above the industry average for pay - up to £750 depending on experience and qualifications.
- Travel expenses also paid from home to placement and return within the region you live in the UK Accommodation and food included whilst on placement
- Early Pay app - request up to 50% of your pay in advance of pay day, which can be claimed daily
- FREE Blue Light card - national discount card for hundreds of retailers
- Paid hours for your COVID vaccination
- Enhanced bank holiday pay rates
- Generous Refer a Friend scheme with easy app access
- Support to complete nationally recognised qualifications including your Care Certificate and QCFs
- Access to our Employee Benefits Portal where you'll get thousands of discounts and special offers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program supporting you in times of need
Our carers are directly employed by us, giving you access to holiday entitlement and our pension scheme. We also reward for long service and qualifications.
After joining us, there is an opportunity for you to progress to a Guaranteed Income Agreement Contract, where you can expect to earn an annual salary of up to £33,800. This type of contract means you will receive consistent pay for an agreed amount of working time every month, whether we give you placements or not. Having a role that is flexible around your lifestyle Is really important to our carers. Our live-in care managers will discuss your working preferences with you and go from there.
Being a live-in care assistant means you need to be adaptable, personable but ultimately put others first. Your role will include:
- Living with a customer in their home Companionship
- Helping with personal care
- Helping with mobility around the home
- Overseeing medication and providing medical support
- Helping with housework such as cleaning and vacuuming
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Running errands such as food shopping or picking up prescriptions
All we need from you is a desire to care for others - we can teach you the rest. Working as a live-in care assistant isn't always the easiest job, but we promise that it will be one of the most rewarding.