Logistics Manager required by leading manufacturing company for an initial 12-month contract.
The role is being resourced on an interim basis to manage significant change in the function including:
* Managing the consolidation of Inbound & Outbound Logistics Teams.
* Coaching and support the leadership development of the Inbound & Outbound Logistics Team Leaders (and their deputies).
* Designing, planning and managing the transition of the Inbound & Outbound Warehouses from two separate locations to a new facility.
* Representing the logistics function on a process improvement project tasked with defining processes to support material supply for New Product Developments during the “Go To Industrialisation” phases of the projects.
It is anticipated that the ideal Logistics Manager will hand back the reins to the existing team (possibly with a revised organisation) following this period of significant change.
As well as managing change, the Logistics Manager will be responsible for managing performance of the company’s Operations logistics function. This involves ensuring timely, efficient, and accurate flow of material from supplier through kitting of work orders,
final packaging, shipment preparation and shipment. The Logistics Manager manages (with support from the Team Leaders) a team of ~15.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks:
* Manage change within the Logistics function as detailed in the background to the role.
* Manage the business process of receiving goods into the facility and delivering the goods in a timely manner, to the proper destination.
* Accountable for and managing the inventory accuracy of finished goods and associated accessories. (this includes the accuracy and validation of serial numbers and batch control).
* Set and monitor department metrics workcell goals and objectives.
* Meet assigned goals and objectives.
* Manage the daily shipping activities to ensure accurate and optimal methods are used in getting product shipped to the customer on time.
* Actively manage and participate in continuous improvement processes such as TCC 6S and Kaizen programs to include optimized warehouse layout and environmental storage controls.
* Participate in departmental budget needs and manage approved budget responsibly.
* Manage and report on “aged” inventory, store and process inventory according to FIFO fundamentals and actively track expirations on those inventories that have expirations.
Qualifications & Skills:
* Business related degree or equivalent of practical experience, directly related to the responsibilities.
* Good working knowledge of outbound logistics.
* Ideally an understanding of SAP ERP system, best practice warehouse and logistics management.
* Must have very good interpersonal skills and ability to motivate direct reports and colleagues in order to successfully accomplish business objectives.
* Must be able to work within a team-based environment.
* Strong managerial and leadership skills to include coaching and employee development.
* Ability to analyze and report on key data effectively.
* Ability to assess data and prepare formal recommendations for improvement.
* Ability to manage an assigned project, using available resources, to completion.
* Ability to collaborate cross functionally and obtain expected results.
Commutable from: - Welwyn, WGC, Hatfield, St Albans, Watford, Harpenden, Borehamwood, Hitchin, Stevenage, Potters Bar, Letchworth, Baldock, Royston, Ware, Hertford, Enfield, Hoddesdon, Broxbourne, Luton, Hemel Hempstead, Biggleswade, Saffron Walden, Haverhill, Braintree, Ely, Newmarket, St Neots, St Ives, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge, London
Business Process Improvement