Maintenance Engineer / Technician
£30-40K depending on experience
Rotating Day Shift (6-2 / 2-10)
ESB is currently recruiting for a world leading FMCG manufacturing and packaging plant on the outskirts of Nottingham.
You will take ownership for all the efficient maintenance, repair and improvement of our equipment, planned and non-planned activities to maximise our plant capability.
The role requires a high level of flexibility in relation to working patterns due to the nature of the role requirements that you would expect in a contract manufacturing environment. There will be strong emphasis on keeping up to date with the latest technologies and processes.
You will be responsible for delivering line OEE by providing proactive engineering support and applying your specialist knowledge in the event of plant failure. You will undertake major equipment overhauls to ensure equipment performs to the required OEM standards, continuously improving and delivering the maintenance strategy. You will also be responsible for the delivery of key projects across our business.
* In line with our business needs and priorities you will be responsible for working with our colleagues in production to ensure plant/equipment breakdowns are repaired in an efficient, timely and cost effective way. You will do a thorough diagnosis of plant/equipment and breakdowns/defects. You will ensure that any necessary repairs are carried out effectively and efficiently and ensure that all the relevant people are kept informed with progress updates.
* Measures: Response time, downtime due to fault, number of returns to the same problem, and engage thoroughly with the feedback from Operations team meetings
Equipment overhaul and Preventative Maintenance
* To ensure preventative maintenance tasks are completed in accordance with the preventative maintenance plan. Carry out scheduled PPM tasks and fault reporting. Carry out the necessary repairs and /or report any identified faults to ensure minimum impact to the production lines.
* Measures: Reduced downtime reduced waste, safer working environment, less accidents, improved efficiencies.
* Ensure maintains records comply with current legislation, safety, quality and administrative standards and procedures. Take responsibility for completing and returning planned maintenance shift reports
* Carry our root cause events as requested and communicating repairs/diagnostic issues to our shift leaders. Ensure the production break-down log is correctly completed and ensure correct usage of stores / spare parts
* Produce detailed engineering reports such as MBR’s and FMEA’s
* Satisfactory completion of shift log, completion of root cause report, satisfactory completion of PPM sheets, appropriate and correct completion of permits to work, downtime due to spare parts availability
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
* Apprentice trained with a recognised engineering qualification that provides expertise in electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering. It is desirable to have additional engineering qualifications such as HNC/HND.
* Demonstrable knowledge of key plant and equipment or specialist in an engineering discipline i.e. PLC, s, Instrumentation, pneumatics, process systems
* Ability to build constructive work relationships & work as part of a team
* Ability to plan, prioritise & organise designated workload, reflecting on activity to ensure best practice & continuous improvement
* Demonstrate a flexible & adaptable approach to work
* Demonstrate use of initiative as necessary
* Ability to work accurately to set procedures & systems, showing attention to detail
* Achievement focussed and able to work in a direct and pressurised environment
* Innovative with ability to consistently solve problems
* Tenacious and tough-minded, has personal drive
* Commitment to complete challenges that are started
* Ability to manage multiple activities
* Able to work well with line teams on problem solving/process improvement work
* Able to work under pressure- hitting targets, delivers on-time
* Demonstrate awareness, understanding & working practice of equality within the workplace
* Strives to succeed with a ‘can do’ and ‘will do’ attitude
Applicants MUST have previous FMCG, Packaging or Pharmaceutical experience
Overall Equipment Effectiveness
Continuous Improvement Process
Failure Mode Effects Analysis