Responsible for: Delivering an overall maintenance function for the home enhancing the quality of the environment for all the residents and visitors to the home. Leading in the delivery of the legal and essential compliance checks through the timely completion of the daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance manuals & Jobs.
Job Purpose: Responding to a variety of requests for compliance checks, repairs and general maintenance of the building and grounds, fixings, fittings and equipment as well as providing a general courier service when required.
Hours of Work: Contracted hours will be stipulated in your specific contract, however you should expect to work your hours between the hours of 8am – 8pm, with the occasional need to work early, late or night shift patterns to meet the requirement of the role.
Technical Support: Whilst the line management of this role sits with the Home Manager, all technical aspects of the role will be managed by the Property Services Department through the Regional Property Manager.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation or repair and maintenance of Company property and equipment and undertake planned maintenance of the home in consultation with the Home Manager, working within defined Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance and essential checks are done through the completion of the maintenance manuals along with allocated jobs. This checks are to be completed without exception, all within the prescribed timescales.
- Identify and report all maintenance defects outside the scope of the homes maintenance person through the designated escalation route. Monitor the reported repair through to satisfactory completion. Identify all and any additional training required to fulfil the role at the earliest opportunity.
- Engage proactively with all stakeholders ensuring all allocated tasks outside and inside the site are carried out effectively and efficiently and to a high standard
- Undertake decoration including painting & wallpapering, minor refurbishment and maintenance within the home under the instruction and guidance of the home Manager or Regional Property Manager. All works to be carried out with regards to health and safety requirements
- To attend regular meetings with line management, escalate all issues and participate meaningfully in all on site and general team meetings.
- To ensure that any visiting 3rd party or direct employed contactors sign in and out and record the commencement and completion of works. In addition that they have the correct work permit in place.
- Monitor all persons working within the home and its grounds, ensure once works are complete that all access points have been secured. Where work requires access to lofts, carry out a joint inspection prior to the works as per permit to work guidance.
- Provide out of hours emergency service by participating in the on call rota and be proactive when asked to provide temporary cover for sister homes
- Ensure maintenance of the homes exterior including: Pathways and driveways are clear unobstructed and safe. Plants are kept hydrated, flowerbeds and potted plants are tendered and grassed areas kept tidy to enhance 1st impressions. Ensure that external lighting and signs inside and outside the home are clear visible and in good order/ repair
- Be suitably trained to be an active Fire Warden and to keep up to date within policy and procedures including all training as required. Induct new staff as required
- May be required to lift pull push heavy items with/without mechanical aids in line with H&S policy and procedure
- Assemble /install new equipment/goods delivered to a home.
- Be willing to undergo suitable training as prescribed by the employer to enable weekly, monthly and all other mandatory checks in accordance with Company policies and procedures and ensure all legislative log-books are maintained and in good condition for inspection at all times.
- Follow guidance issued by the Regional Property Manager and Home Manager to ensure call outs to contractors are minimized.
- Attend mandatory training days / courses, on or off site, as and when required including mandatory e learning.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- To assist with the fire and water risk assessments and reviews.
- Cover for annual leave / absence in other Care Homes as and when appropriate.
- Induct new team members on Fire Safety and training including the use of evacuation matts and fire drills as required
- Train Team Members in the safe and correct use of new equipment as required
- Attend the home for emergency call outs out of hours as required