Mammographer | Band 6 or 7 dependent on experience | Bushey | Part-time
Spire Bushey Hospital is recruiting for a Mammographer to join us on a part-time basis. We are looking for someone able to cover Friday evenings up until 9 pm and one other day during the week but we are flexible to discuss what day works for you.
Spire Bushey Hospital is one of North London and Hertfordshire’s leading private hospitals, with an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality private hospital treatment. The hospital has been treating patients for over 35 years and has over 400 consultants. All of our consultants are highly experienced and many enjoy national and international reputations.
The hospital offers a premium service in key areas of complex healthcare including orthopaedics, neurospinal, general surgery and gynaecology Spire Bushey Hospital forms part of a 4 site portfolio, and is supported by and works alongside Spire Bushey Diagnostic Centre, Elstree Cancer Centre and Spire Pathology Centre – based on Centennial Park in Elstree - just 5 minutes from the main hospital site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide highly skilled and specialised Mammography and general imaging for patients within the radiographic department. Provide specialized Mammography advice to patients
- This role will provide the individual with the opportunity to build on and extend their clinical expertise whether that is based purely in Mammography or across other modalities
- Education and training are key elements of the department and therefore role extension and further learning is encouraged. Flexibility and innovation are fundamental to this role and strong communication skills are essential
Who we're looking for
- Current HCPC registration, UK based experience and a Degree in Radiography or its equivalent is essential
- Post Graduate Certificate in Mammography (We are able to offer training to candidates who have just gained this certificate)
- Experience of working in Theatre, X-ray, CT or MRI would be beneficial
- Experience of working in partnership with consultants
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employee's well-being through work-life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine on [ Email address blocked ] For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people
Magnetic Resonance Imaging