Mammographer/Radiographer | Equivalent to band 6/7| Gatwick| Full time
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mammographer/Radiographer to join on a part time or full time basis.
If you join our team you will work with leading consultants many of whom have national and international reputations exposing you to innovative evidence based clinical techniques. Our consultants are drawn from the UK’s top teaching hospitals and provide us with a wide range of expertise these include orthopaedic, urology, ENT, gynaecology, bariatrics, plastic, reconstructive breast, and general surgery.
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital is just a few miles away from Gatwick Airport. Central London and Victoria station are a 30 minute train ride away. The Hospital consists of two outpatient areas and a Bupa Health Assessment centre. There are two ward areas with 29 single rooms, a two bedded emergency recovery unit with a sixteen bedded day care unit, and five single rooms. There are three operating theatres, two with laminar flow.
Duties and responsibilities
- Explain clearly to patients whose needs are being assessed how they can positively contribute to their treatment plan.
- Identify people’s health needs by undertaking thorough subjective and objective assessment
- methods, using full clinical expertise and experience.
- Obtain information on patient’s needs within the overall context of their imaging and care requirements. Follow processes of specific clinical reasoning which allows optimum outcomes to be achieved during the imaging procedure.
- Interpret patient data using all of the relevant components to assist in making an accurate clinical diagnosis. Make this information available to appropriate colleagues.
- Identify and discuss with colleagues the implication of imaging, enable them to think through the risks and their effective management and the need for referral to others.
Who we're looking for
- HCPC registered
- Degree (BSc Honours in Radiography or equivalent qualification)
- Post graduate qualification in Mammography
- Experience working in X-ray, theatres
- Willingness to take part in on call rot
- Experience of working in partnership with consultants and participating in creating innovative solutions for new services
- Evidence of role specific continuing professional development
- Team working
- Flexible and adaptable
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Louise Tankard on 07850 509 065 or [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.