We are seeking an Materials Science Scientist to work for an optical electronics technology company in Huntington.
To provide multi-instrumental characterisation data together with high quality analysis, interpretation, and reporting with particular emphasis on the purity analysis and characterisation of materials by liquid chromatography techniques, including LC-MS and HPLC. To improve current characterisation methods and provide scientific structure property correlations.
• Strong practical contribution in area of expertise; method development, maintenance and data collection, training and supervision of new users.
• Characterisation of both novel and known small molecule and polymer systems to a high standard, to agreed timescales, with high quality documentation and reporting within the project context.
• Successful evaluation of new techniques to improve current characterisation methods from concept to delivery.
• Contributions to routine analysis as required.
• Write, initiate, adapt and follow analytical procedures and protocols.
• Prepare results in a timely and accurate manner in the required format (written, verbal and/or formal presentation).
• Communicate effectively with, material scientists, synthetic chemists, device physicists and project leaders.
• Train others on Analytical Equipment as required.
• Degree and PhD, or equivalent work experience, in chemistry, materials science, chemical analysis, or a related subject.
• Proven expertise in characterisation of materials and identification of impurities by liquid chromatographic techniques, including LC-MS and HPLC.
• Demonstrable experience of detailed interpretation of analytical chemistry results and data to draw clear conclusions and recommendations
• Computer literacy is essential. Familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office products and chemical drawing packages will be advantageous.
• Working knowledge of other analytical techniques, for example, NMR; GC-MS; FT-IR; PLQY; UV-VIS; GPC; DSC; Electrochemistry; SEM/EDS; GC-FID; DSC.
• Additional experience in a material science or analytical role in industry or post-doctoral position.
• Experience of characterisation of a wide variety of materials.
• Experience of identifying, initiating and coordinating effective collaborations with other researchers and/or service providers.
key words : analytical chemist analytical scientist electrochemist material chemist materials chemist material scientist materials scientist post doc research post doc chemist post doc researcher post doctoral researcher post doctoral chemist post doctoral scientist
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
High Performance Liquid Chromatography
Scanning Electron Microscope