Here at S3 Discovery, we are proud to be collaborating with an innovative Tissue-Engineering start-up company, who have seen significant growth through 2020. We are recruiting Mechanical Design Engineers to join our client’s Bioengineering department to drive forward their up-scaling efforts, achieving their goal’s as being one of the industry leaders in their field. This is a full-time permanent position with excellent salary bandings on offer.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, your mission will be to lead the selection, design, procurement and also the construction, commissioning and validation of the client’s bioreactor (and manufacturing) equipment.
* Execute the design and development of complex electro-mechanical bench and 50 L scale biotechnology equipment, ensuring that deliverables are successfully met within timeline.
* Carryout and oversee the development of all mechanical components for use in a variety of biotechnology applications including bioreactors, sensor technology integration, control system development.
* Collaborate with biochemical engineers to solve emerging issues and to develop equipment.
* Employ a design, build, and test approach.
* Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications, delivering prototypes for experimentation.
* Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformity to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
* Employ mechanical simulation tools to develop components, machines, mechanisms, and test equipment.
The successful candidate for the Mechanical Designer Engineer role will have the following skills and experience:
* Three or more years’ experience in bioprocess equipment development in an industrial setting.
* Experience in designing and constructing bioprocess technology
* BSC or Master degree mechanical or electromechanical engineering
* Expert in CAD software and 3D drawing system, Solidworks knowledge is a plus.
* Proven experience in 3D printing, injection moulding, machining, stainless steel equipment but also in composite design & manufacturing techniques
* Designing and implementing automated control systems for bioprocess unit operations
* Ability to develop mechanical designs, PFD, P&IDs, HAZOP and SOPs
Solid Works (Cad)
Computer Aided Design