Medical Information Officer – Hertfordshire
Are you a Medical Information Officer looking for your next job opportunity? Does your experience include taking medical information calls and emails from patients and responding to them effectively? Want to work for a growing pharmaceutical company? If yes then please read on.
Your role as a Medical Information Officer based in Hertfordshire will involve taking all Medical Information calls and emails approx. 15 to 20 per week (principally from doctors / pharmacists / nurses, patients and their relatives and internal customers).
You will respond to them effectively, escalate some and pass to other departments where needed.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
* Responding to all technical / medical questions from healthcare professionals and internal customers by the retrieval, evaluation and presentation of high quality information using in-house and external sources in a timely and efficient manner.
* Performing monthly reconciliation with partners.
* Assisting in the maintenance and updating of departmental databases and standard responses.
* Handling reports of adverse events in compliance with the pharmacovigilance requirements and applicable Company procedures, in a timely and meticulous manner.
* Medically reviewing standard letters, participating in preparation of FAQ’s and Data on File documents.
* When not dealing with telephone calls and emails, the rest of the time will be spent dealing with other medical affairs activities such as copy approval, producing educational materials and training in accordance with the ABPI / Codes of Conduct / or similar for the region concerned.
This is a 12 months fixed term contract role with a view of it going from temp to perm but this is all dependent on the individual and business performance. The salary is around £30,000 - £35,000 per annum negotiable for the right candidate.
To apply for the Medical Information Officer role you will have the following:
* Life-sciences graduate
* At least 1 year Medical Information experience in a pharmaceutical company.
* Good written and verbal communication skills and fluent in English.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
* Great telephone manner and approach.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like the role for you or a colleague then please do not hesitate to contact us. If we manage to successfully fill a permanent placement from your recommendation then we will send you a cheque of £300. We also have many incentive schemes for referring contractors/temp staff so please contact us with the referral and we can provide you with more information.
For a list of our current vacancies, please visit our website.
If you do not hear from Quality Start within 2 weeks your CV has not been short listed for this role.
Quality Start are acting as a specialist recruitment consultancy for this role