* Previous Patient Access Manager-W.Mids, Staffs, S.Yorks&Derbyshire, Novartis UK
* Research Scientist Next
Medical Lead - Ophthalmology
London-West, United Kingdom
31 Aug 2019
30 Sep 2019
R & D
11% - Of all industry-sponsored ophthalmology trials in the UK, Novartis sponsors 11%. This reflects the commitment and investment Novartis is making in ophthalmology as we continue to work towards bringing life changing medicines to market that restore and preserve sight. Be part of a dedicated, passionate team that is encouraged to think and do things differently in order to create innovative solutions for the healthcare system, physicians and, most importantly, patients.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* To act as deputy for TA head in their absence as agreed with TA Head and approved by CSO. Be key global / RE contact for specific therapy area Leads strategic development and delivery of TA publications plan in liaison with RE and Global colleagues. Leads and co-ordinates Scientific/Medical Advisor S/MA resource as appropriate across TA area. Accountable for developing and driving the Brand core claims plan and leveraging clinical/scientific data to optimise the delivery of Novartis UK integrated brand plans.
* Coordinates input into the Global clinical development plan (CDP), study designs, protocols to ensure UK needs are addressed. Coordinates strategic input into RE/global via the RE Medical Experts and/or the IMB forum and/or the global teams
* Supports the Senior Medical Advisor or TA Head with development of NVS sponsored local studies as required. Owns, manages and develops strategic medical/scientific statements with TA head and TA SOTL Co-ordinates SA/MA team delivery of Brand strategic plans by creation and defence of ABPI Code of Practice complaints as appropriate. Coordinates input into the Strategic Plans (5 years) and Operational Plans (1 year).
* Co-ordinates SA/MA work with Market Access department in the development of innovative and compliant solutions in line with TA strategic plan. As appropriate, with the MA : Provides internal training and specialist support on Brand/TA for head office and field force personnel. Provides high quality and timely briefing materials/training on relevant appropriate data. Ensures proactive provision of current awareness e.g. Medical insights, competitor data and NVS clinical trial data, to field force and head office personnel as appropriate / as required.
* Delivers training for internal personnel (head office and field force) on Brand and TA scientific knowledge. Conducts gap analysis to identify and optimise future marketing potential of the Brand Supports MA and the Marketing team to develop, review & approve market leading promotional campaigns.
* Ensures Copy Approval Process signatory is in accordance with approval SOPs If required, works toward final signatory ABPI/MHRA sign off status Reviews promotional materials within required guidelines to ensure compliance with ABPI Code of Practice regulations & NP4 guidelines
* Supports the delivery of the Brand Operational Plan Understands current and future positioning aims for the Brand and identifies with Clinical Project Manager, clinical activities that support the achievement of those aims. Support Sales force with formulary submissions.
* Participates and supports Health Technology Appraisal Team to ensure that submissions secure best possible outcomes. Works to develop and maintain effective working partnerships with KOLs in order to establish critical input to support sound decision making and Brand development. Responsible for managing phase IV budget for projects of own
What you'll bring to the role:
* Life Science Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Higher degree desirable (MA, MSC, PhD, MD
* At least 8 years Pharmaceutical industry experience preferably in a variety of roles.
* Experienced and approved Medical ABPI signatory preferable
* Aim for five bullet points
* Aim for five bullet points
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
We announced we will have a new HQ in London; a new state-of-the-art office at The Westworks, in White City. Four business divisions (pharmaceuticals, oncology, Global Drug Development and Novartis Business Services) will be able to come together in one purpose-designed environment. The site will be ready for us by the end of Q4 2019.
For the sixth consecutive year, Novartis been certified a 'Top Employer' in the UK (2014-2019)!
We focus on creating an inclusive organisation and welcome people who have different knowledge, perspectives, experience and working styles from across the global population.
#LI-NOV = Novartis