Medical Secretary (IG)
My client is currently recruiting experienced Medical Secretaries with knowledge of mixed medical terminology to provide support to the consultants, clinical nurse specialist and members of the multi-disciplinary team to assist in the smooth, efficient and effective running of the service.
Temporary: Expected to last 1 Months with possible extension
Hours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £12.50 per hour umbrella or 11.50 per hour paye inclusive of holiday
* System knowledge of SystmOne or RiO Desirable
* Smartcard – Desirable
* Accurate and quick audio typing skills
* Highly organised with administrative experience in a healthcare setting
* Attention to detail
* IT literate with competency in Microsoft applications
* Excellent telephone manner
* Flexible approach to working
The main duties and responsibilities
* Deal with all aspects of patient enquiries including appointments, clinics, inpatient episodes, and location of notes, patient, GP and next of kin details.
* Audio typing and Proof reading of clinic letters for Consultants and Registrar, discharge summaries and admin letters.
* To keep Consultant’s diary and arrange meetings when required.
* To deal sympathetically and confidentially, via telephone enquiries or face to face, with patients, GPs, medical staff, nursing staff and Hospital departments etc. Queries can occasionally be distressing/emotional circumstances.
* To liase with other Secretaries, Wards, Clinic Clerks and other departments to help ensure a smooth and efficient service.
* To make outpatient appointments
* To arrange for cancellation of Consultant’s clinics for annual leave, study leave, etc.
* To co-ordinate Joint Monthly Clinical Meetings which includes manual collection of notes, informing patients via letter and delivery of notes to actual clinic on relevant day.
* General office procedures commensurate with a secretarial post, including photocopying, filing, sending and sorting post, sending facsimiles and Emails, creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
* Any other ad hoc duties as may be requested