Medical Secretary | Spire Dunedin, Reading | Permanent & Part Time – 22.5 hours per week
Spire Dunedin Hospital is expanding and we’re looking to hire a Medical Secretary to join our friendly and supportive Medical Secretary team. This role will be essential in providing a full medical secretary service to consultants and to also support our current medical secretary team.
This is a part-time and permanent position, with shifts worked across Monday to Friday.
Spire Dunedin Hospital, has been serving the Reading community for over 100 years, as a first-class medical facility. Based in the heart of Reading, the hospital has two theatres, three recovery bays and an endoscopy suite.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To answer telephone queries and refer to Consultants as necessary. Arranging New Patient appointments and registering them using an In-house database using Practice Manager and SAP.
- Provide new patients with specific information relating to their appointment with regards to potential Hospital and Consultant fees.
- Type up clinic letters using digital or audio tape dictation from Consultant’s clinic in a timely manner, arranging future follow up appointments using currently paper diaries for each Consultant, prior to moving to an electronic diary system.
- Assist with preparation of future clinics, chasing results, ensuring that clinics are complete and ready for the next Consultant clinic day. Updating and amending as necessary future clinics on behalf of the Consultants.
- Chase patient results & ensure ready for consultant to review prior to, or at next appointment.
- Type discharge summaries dictated by Consultants as required.
- Produce medical reports where necessary for Medical Insurers to approve treatment.
- Maintain patient records securely as per Hospital Policy in line with data protection act.
Who we're looking for:
- Previous experience as a Medical Secretary or Secretary/PA in an aligned industry (e.g. legal)
- Experience in a similar role, including providing a full high quality service to consultants and patients.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Able to manage workload and work in a fast-paced role.
- Strong audio typing skills.
- Fully IT literate and a competent user of MS Office
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available at Spire please contact Lauren Applewhite on [ Link removed ]
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Customer Service
- Data Protection
- Microsoft Office