Are you a Principal Scientist specialising in Medicinal Chemistry or a Group Leader specialising in Medicinal Chemistry? Are you looking to join an expanding CRO with an impressive 5 year growth plan? Then look no further, I may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Medicinal Chemistry Group Leader
My client, an award winning drug discovery organisation, are looking for a Medicinal Chemistry Group Leader to join them in a permanent capacity at their site in Nottingham.
Reporting in to the Head of Medicinal Chemistry, you will be responsible for a group of 10-12 Research Chemists.
The responsibilities of the Medicinal Chemistry Group Leader are:
• To lead a group of 10-12 Chemists, taking responsibility for the day-to-day progress of their individual research projects
• To design synthetic routes to carry out the synthesis, purification and analysis of a range of
• chemical compounds
• To problem solve and present solutions to line management.
• R&D Project Management
• Liaise with clients and lead discussions either F2F (Covid permitting) or via video calls
• To conduct literature searches and familiarise yourself with appropriate computer-based software and search tools to allow for this and report writing as required.
The ideal candidate for the Medicinal Chemistry Group Leader will need to have:
• A BSc/MSc/PhD in Chemistry or related subject
• At least 10 years of industry experience, ideally from a pharmaceutical, CRO, fine chemical or biotechnology company.
• An ability to use ones experience to pre-empt potential issues during a complex synthetic route
• Experience of working in a pressurised environment, working to agreed client deadlines, must have project management experience, as well as leadership experience.
• Significant experience of undertaking research and development projects in industry
If this sounds like you, then please feel free to get in touch today