Are you a confident and motivated Mental Health Nurse who wants to earn £41,000 per year (pro rata? Do you want a role working for an NHS Trust that sets the standard for clinical excellence? If so keep reading!
A community mental health team within the Gateshead/South Tyneside area is seeking a Mental Health Nurse to join the team as a Care Coordinator. This friendly and welcoming team sits within an NHS Trust that was rated 'Outstanding' in a recent CQC inspection.
The team seek a mental health nurse to work within the core team, carrying a caseload of adults, aged 18-65, and being responsible for their care, treatment, assessment and discharge.
Experience working as part of a CMHT is preferred, but by no means essential; this team are committed to recognising the transferrable skills of mental health nurses who have previously worked in ward-based settings or in private sector homes. Experience of using RiO (clinical patient management system) would be beneficial, but is not essential.
The successful mental health nurse can work reasonably flexible hours - the team are willing to accept between 22.5-37.5hrs per week being worked, within the hours of 8am-6pm Monday-Friday. This role offers excellent pay rates, and working full time (37.5hrs per week) successful candidates can expect to earn £41,000 pa.
This role is a contract, and is available until April 2020 at least, with a strong likelihood of being extended into Summer 2020
Advantages of joining Randstad as a Mental Health Nurse include:
- Free accredited training to assist with NMC revalidation
- Working for an award winning NHS Foundation Trust, rated 'Outstanding' by CQC
- One dedicated consultant and point of contact to support you 24/7
- Excellent pay rates and benefits - earn £41,000pa working full time hours
- Employee assistance service providing you with counselling support that is on hand 24/7
- Access to exclusive high street discounts, as well as discounts on restaurants and leisure
A typical day in this role could include:
- Covering duty on a rota basis - signposting any patients to other services if needed, dealing with incoming calls to manage clinical risk and escalating urgent issues if needed
- Completing assessments for patients who are new to the service and need to be allocated to a care coordinator
- Delivering treatment to patients on their allocated caseload, including CBT/DBT/Solutions-based therapies etc
- Working with the local Substance Misuse partnership to help joint-work patients who are dual-diagnosis and have an alcohol or drug dependency issue
- Discharge planning for patients leaving the service
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Valid NMC PIN
- Registered Mental Health Nurse qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Nursing consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim or permanent post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Nurse looking for a new role? If so, We offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place into work.
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have available please contact Ashleigh on [Click here to apply], or click Apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.