Mental Health Nurse
NHS Mental Health Ward in Carlisle, Cumbria
Full time, 3-4 month block booking
Salary: £26-40 per hour
Required: November 2019 or sooner
We have an exciting opportunity available for a committed Mental Health Nurse to join a friendly, hard-working team on an NHS acute mental health ward in Carlisle. All colleagues play their part in ensuring that an excellent standard of care is delivered, and that patient wellbeing is at the heart of every decision.
If you are a Mental Health Nurse who wants an opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of the patients they look after, you will certainly enjoy your working experience on this ward! If you are diligent, compassionate and committed - we want to hear from you!
The ward itself is a 22-bed mixed-sex ward and offers care to patients who have a range of diagnoses, including depression, anxiety, bipolar and personality disorders.
The NHS Trust it falls within was given an 'Outstanding' rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and is devoted to ensuring they are one of the leading Mental Health Trusts in the country.
The ideal candidate will
* Be a qualified Mental Health Nurse with a minimum of 6 months post-qualifying experience
* Be committed to all elements of the NMC Code of Conduct, and be passionate about making sure they live and breathe the core values on a daily basis at work
* Be a true advocate for patients who are in the acute phase of their illness, and are often at their most vulnerable
* Be a committed team player and be willing to support/mentor other more junior staff on the ward, i.e. Healthcare Assistants, to ensure that they are always giving a quality standard of care
* Have the ability to engage and build a rapport with vulnerable patients aged 18-65, and try different approaches with each individual if needed
* Be confident in verbal de-escalation and medication administration/management
* Be willing to assist in managing admissions onto the ward (if required)
* Be willing to act as 'shift lead' when required, and be responsible for dividing up observation duties, completing shift allocations for the next cohort of staff, writing tribunal reports, updating care plans etc.
* DBS check
Benefits to the Mental Health Nurse include:
* 24hr support available from Randstad, and having one dedicated consultant and point of contact, who knows you and your needs
* Access to free, accredited training (both practical and online) which contributes to your NMC revalidation requirements for participatory learninf
* Excellent rates of pay - overtime rates for weekend, night and Bank Holiday working
* £300 referral voucher given every time you refer a friend to work for Randstad
* Access to the exclusive Randstad Ambassador Club and the ability to climb to a higher tier 1, 3, and 5 years of continuous service
* Benefits and discounts app offering you amazing discounts on high street brands, restaurants, holidays and much more
* Qualified Mental Health Nurse
* Valid NMC registration
* Enhanced DBS check
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.