* Add to favourites
Mental Health Staff Nurse
Job Reference: 267-ADASN5105
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
Adult Acute Inpatient Wards
£21,909 to £28,462 per annum
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust has been rated as Good by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We are a responsive and innovative Foundation Trust that places our values of Caring, Safe and Excellent at the heart of everything we do. We take great pride in our staff and believe that investing in you is key to us achieving our vision of outstanding care delivered by outstanding people.
We work with a wide range of partner organisations to deliver care and support to people in their own homes and from a number of hospitals and community bases. We focus on delivering care as close to home as possible.
Our mental health service has recently undergone significant remodelling to offer improved clinical leadership on the ward to aid learning and support to employees by increasing the numbers of staff per shift. It is an exciting time to join our new, evolving mental health service with a dedicated assessment and treatment function.
We are looking to recruit mental health nurses that will thrive in a busy inpatient environment and are committed to developing their skills and knowledge to be able to provide caring, safe and excellent care.
This role will include you working as the Named Nurse for individual patients to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care and to participate in clinical team meeting reviews.
You will take part in group and individual activities in collaboration with Occupational Therapists and nursing colleagues. Students are a key part of our team and you will provide mentorship to learners on the ward. You will have a clear understanding of clinical supervision and participate in reflective practice groups with team members.
We are looking to recruit nurses on the following wards - Phoenix and Ashurst based at Littlemore Mental Health Centre and Allen, Wintle and Vaughan Thomas based at Warneford Hospital.
If you think you have the right skills and values to offer us at this exciting time then we would very much like you to hear from you.
For further information on our Trust, please visit our website or contact Rona Hickman on [Click here to apply]
Benefits of working for Oxford Health NHS Trust include:-
* Excellent opportunities for career progression
* 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with an increase to 33 days with continuous service
* NHS Discount across a wide range of shops, restaurants and retailers
* Staff accommodation
* Childcare Vouchers
* Lease car scheme
* Competitive pension scheme
* Cycle Scheme
* New starters have a 6 month probationary period. This, together with the induction process aims to create a positive supportive working environment allowing new employees to learn key elements of their role over a reasonable timescale.
* Candidates not currently employed by the Trust who attend an interview for non-qualified Band 1-5 posts are required to undertake numeracy and literacy assessments.
* Appointment to this post is subject to the trust receiving satisfactory references covering 3-5 years of employment or study. Please ask your referees to respond promptly to reference requests.
* Employees are expected to undertake mandatory and statutory training related to their role.
* We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community, regardless of gender, race, faith, disability, age or sexual orientation and we encourage applications from users of mental health services. This is part of our commitment to equality and reflecting the diversity of our population.
* Oxford Health is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Apply for this job
37.5 Hours per Week, rotational shifts
Agenda for change
Nursing & Midwifery Registered
Adult Mental Health Services
Read this before applying
* Job Description & Person Specification (101 KB)
Apply for this job
* Working for Adult Services
* Recruitment guidance
* Oxford Health Preceptorship Programme
* Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust DBS - Code of Practice
* Staff Accommodation Marketing Brochure
* Smoke Free Policy
* Join our Trust
* Great place to work video
* New starter video
* Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust - Web page
* Return to work - flexi hours
* Work for Adult Mental Health video
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.