Do you have the commitment and positive values to make a difference to the lives of people in hospitals?
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing are currently looking for an experienced Mental Health Support Worker.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- All roles are based working on acute mental health wards, observing, supervising and providing ongoing support to clients with varying levels of Mental Health issues.
- Candidates must be strong-willed, confident and have the ability to keep a calm head in potentially volatile situations.
- Candidates will observe patients and communicate to the Nurse in Charge any particular needs of patients and/or problems in the ward.
- Supporting clients with Mental Health, including Schizophrenia, personality disorders, depression and anxiety, follow care and/or support plans for each service user/tenant with respect and dignity.
PMVA/MAPA Training - full course provided
We are looking for candidates who are willing to work day and night shifts.
Successful applicants must
- Be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Have at least 6 months experience in Mental Health
- Have a clean DBS check
- Be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 3 years including any gaps in employment.
- Have experience of supporting people who display challenging behaviour.
All applications and offers are subject to a DBS (Criminal Record) check, cost to be covered by applicant.
For more information please contact Dominika Troska on 0771 990 0862.
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.