Biomedical Scientist – Nationwide | Band 6 | Pathology
Spire Pathology services has an exciting opportunity an experienced Biomedical Scientist to join our pathology department. Offering you the opportunity to work across a wide variety of specialisms. You will be based at your nearest pathology location and travel to various pathology sites, we are rapidly expanding as we increase the scope of services we provide across our experienced and dynamic teams.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the organisation, management and development of services provided by the laboratory
- Liaise with the Laboratory Consultant and the Laboratory Manager, to ensure the provision of high quality services, in an efficient and cost effective manner
- You will plan, analyse, assess and report on pathology investigations
- Interpret and report information and knowledge to your colleagues
Who we're looking for:
- You must be a HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist
- You must have significant experience in either Haematology, Biochemistry, Coagulation or Transfusion
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and the ability to travel
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Laura Irving on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications