Named Nurse Adult Safeguarding - Eastbourne - £45 to £50,000pa Plus Package
To provide an operational support to the Head of Safeguarding in the delivery of the Safeguarding agenda To be responsible for an effective framework for safeguarding adults across all the areas of the Trust. To be responsible for providing effective advice, training in line with intercollegiate documents, adult safeguarding supervision and monitoring systems for safeguarding adults across the Trust. To take responsibility in undertaking the Trusts internal case reviews under the lead of the Head of Safeguarding. To manage the adult safeguarding specialist nurses/trainer post holders.
• To be a resource to all staff involved in safeguarding and adult safeguarding, providing clinical leadership and expert advice and support within the think family safeguarding agenda.
• To work in partnership and take a leading role in the development of all areas of the Trust, Adult safeguarding Policies and their implementation, Provision of general advice on legal matters and liaise with Lawyers, Officers of the Court and Guardians as appropriate for patients in the Trust.
• To work in partnership to contribute to operational planning in relation to services to adults at risk.
• To work in partnership in the development of new policies addressing recommendations from Case Reviews, Domestic Homicide Reviews or changes in legislation relating to safeguarding adults.
• Actively support staff at planning meetings, conclusion meetings and with complex cases and staff are in need of support.
• To report to the Head of Safeguarding in regards to internal departments (HR) and senior managers within the Trust to ensure policies and process are followed and to advise on safeguarding adults at risk.
• To actively support individual practitioners in the clinical area in managing particularly difficult cases.
• Actively participate and commit to multi-disciplinary approaches to working in partnership with all key agencies responsible for safeguarding adults.
• To provide specialist safeguarding supervision in Safeguarding cases
• To support the PREVENT Lead as required by the DoH and cascade relevant training to staff, update policies and liaise with the Police