At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
We are currently seeking to recruit a NEC Supervisor to sit within our Highways business based in Newcastle, Wolverhampton and Derby.
* Fulfil the role of Supervisor in accordance with the NEC Contract
* Ensuring that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for the contract via site visits
* Submitting reports on a weekly basis to the Project Manager as appropriate to advise clients of progress and the status of construction related quality and completion issues
* Ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied by the contractor is as specified in accordance with the Works Information
* Maintaining records and data pertaining to the progress of the works, including site diaries detailing materials, plant and labour utilised by the Contractor
* Identifying technical problems on site and report to the Project Manager
* Witnessing on-site testing and commissioning and keeping appropriate records of results
* Managing defects identification and rectification process, including preparing schedules of defects and certifying rectification of snagging items
* Attending internal and external meetings, both on and off site as required
* Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
* Liaison and communication with the Clients Clerk of Works who will be operating in an observatory capacity only with no powers or duties under the NEC Contract
* An HNC or equivalent in a building-related discipline
* Experience of all stages of the design and construction of highway infrastructure projects
* Experience in carrying out duties of NEC supervisor
* Working knowledge of the NEC Contract
* Good writing, client-facing and communication skills
* Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people ﬁrst' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
: Design & Engineering