Salary up to £41000
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated Specialist Neurological Physiotherapist, with extensive experience in delivering Neurological physiotherapy services, to manage the daily running of the Neuro side of our Physio department service.
Reporting to the Inpatient Physiotherapy Manager, you will be responsible for providing highly specialised assessment and intervention for a varied caseload of Neurological inpatients and outpatients including patients who may have highly complex presentations. You will work across and support other inpatient teams as required including orthopaedics, medical, post surgical and respiratory.
Located on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our independent private Hospital has just been rated the number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey.
- To support the development of the neurological physiotherapy service, striving to ensure best practice, maximum efficiency and productivity and cost effectiveness.
- To have overall accountability for the planning and management of own complex and specialised caseload of patients and to organise this effectively and efficiently with regards to clinical priorities and use of time.
- To utilise advanced clinical reasoning and analytical skills with evidence based knowledge to assess and diagnose patients and implement appropriate physiotherapy management plans as an autonomous practitioner.
- To use highly advanced communication and behaviour change skills to facilitate a long term self-management approach with patients living with acute/or chronic neurological conditions.
- To continuously assess, evaluate and modify treatment aims, objectives and desired outcomes in collaboration with the patient, any carers and multidisciplinary team.
- To make recommendations to colleagues and members of the MDT, based on advanced theoretical and practical knowledge regarding the ongoing management of patients.
- Participate in MDT meetings, contributing to discussions and decisions with regards to patient care and discharge planning.
Skills and Experience Required:
- BSc (hons) degree in Physiotherapy or diploma or equivalent
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration for physiotherapy
- Evidence of post graduate professional development in the neurological physiotherapy specialism
- Evidence of additional specialist knowledge acquired through relevant post-graduate physiotherapy training.
- Experience of working with an array of patients in the inpatient and outpatient neurological setting.
- Experience of working across different inpatient specialties e.g. orthopaedic, medical, post surgical.
- Experience of a wide range of approaches for the management of complex neurological patients.
- Knowledge and experience of audit and research.
- Evidence of service development experience.
- Experience of multidisciplinary team working.
- Experience of working at Band 7 level
- Experience of teaching to own professional group and MDT
Why work for us?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension, to providing short-term accommodation for new starters.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
To apply for this position please email your CV to [Click here to apply] or call [Click here to apply].