About The Role
Himley Mill, HC One Care Home Company
School Road, Himley, Dudley, West Midlands, DY3 4LG
About the rol e
Supernumerary hours and to cover sickness or annual leave if required.
As a Night Manager at HC-One, you'll value kindness above all. Because it drives every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. And, by joining us, you'll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people. Taking responsibility for the well-being of our residents, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met. Leading, motivating and mentoring to your team and delivering clinical guidance and training to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the care home. Carrying out assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents. Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant standards, policies and legislation. Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Completion of night and morning walk around, ensuring all units are staffed
• Continuous monitoring of Supplementary Charts
• Night Staff Supervisions and Appraisal, training and assigning any training to staff as required
• Medication Competencies for all non-qualified night staff who are responsible for undertaking medication management
• Investigations where required
• Ensuring accident and incident reports are documented and processed accordingly
• Audits where required - including care plan audits
• We are looking for a passionate and caring individual with a proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team. Good leadership skills , Good time management skills, ability to prioritise and organise is essential. Our main aim is to help our residents maintain their dignity and independence in our homely surrounding.
What you will need
It's all about your brilliant, positive energy and natural ability to get along with people. This is a role for someone who's ready to take real accountability. And, whenever you communicate with a resident or co-worker, you'll be truly considerate and kind. Please also note, we require the following:
• A Valid NMC Pin number
Knowledge of National Standards and NMC code of practice.
Registered Nurse (RGN/RMN) with at least 5 years experience including managing teams.
Background in person centred care planning within a care home.
A willingness to coach, guide and support your team on a daily basis, including providing formal and informal programmes of teaching to colleagues and other care professionals.
A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development.
A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times.
About The Company
Located in the neighbourly village of Himley, just outside Wolverhampton, Himley Mill is a friendly care home that offers nursing and nursing dementia care, as well as care for young people with physical disabilities.
https://(url removed)/carehome.cfm/searchazref/(phone number removed)HIMA
If you wish to apply for this role - please send a copy of your CV to (Email Removed)
Coaching And Mentoring