Home > >
Job Title: Night Nurse
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Salary: £28000 - £32000 per annum
Start Date: 17/07/2017
Contact Name: George Valentine
Contact Email: [Click here to apply]
Job Published: June 28, 2017 14:14
Responsible to: Care Home Manager/ Deputy Manager
Job Purpose: To create an environment which respects the rights and wishes of the residents and encourages person-centred care and independence.
This is not a supernumary post and the post holder will be included in staffing numbers.
Qualifications: Registered Nurse with a valid Pin number, knowledge of National Standards and NMC code of practice. Experience caring for the resident group. Knowledge and experience of working in the independent sector.
* To deliver the very highest standard of care as you assess nursing needs, identify and take the right interventions for every resident who needs you.
* To supervise colleagues, manage shifts and make sure flawless handover summaries are completed to ensure continuity of care.
* To maintain positive links with professional colleagues such as GP's, District Nurses and Social Workers.
* To act as a role model leading by example in attitude, behaviour and conduct.
* To respect the privileged relationships that exist with residents, practising integrity in all dealings with their private and financial affairs.
Resident Care and Services:
* In conjunction with the Deputy Manager, ensure that residents' care records are reviewed at appropriate intervals, at least monthly and that these are completed and updated accurately involving the residents in review of their care.
* To ensure by direct involvement and support of other staff that resident care is implemented in accordance with the residents' care needs and through reference to their care plan.
* Ensure that correct procedures are in place and adhered to in order to maintain safe handling and storage of medication.
* Administer medication in accordance with the NMC Guidelines and company policy and ensure the safe and correct practices of the staff
* Liaise with relevant parties in order to facilitate resident care and wellbeing acting promptly in response to any changes in residents' health status.
* Create an environment to support residents to express their views.
* To delegate duties to other staff members and monitor their performance to ensure the required standards are maintained.
* Participate in staff training and provide support to junior staff
* Encourage staff in their own development providing support and guidance as necessary.
* To provide accurate and effective communication between professional colleagues, visitors and the staff team.
* Contribute to the continuing development of the home through professional self-development and the promotion of evidence-based practice.
* To undertake other duties applicable to the post.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Be conversant with and ensure the requirements under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Fire Regulations are complied with. Advise the Manager of any areas of concern.
This is a wakeful duty unless notified otherwise.
This document is intended as a guide to the general scope of duties and as
such is intended to be flexible. The post holder may be required to undertake
other duties at the discretion of the Manager.
Sorry, this job has expired
Sorry, this job has expired