Oakleaf are currently looking for a Support Worker / Rehabilitation Assistant for our Acquired Brain Injury Barclay House service based close to the centre of Leicester.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive and friendly team.
Our service currently has 29 beds and offers long term support for residents and visiting service users. Ideally you will have experience of working with mental health, learning disabilities or challenging behaviour, although experience in other social care settings is acceptable. What is essential is a passion for delivering quality care in line with our own company values.
Main function of the job:
To provide care in accordance with best practices according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements and CQC regulations under the direction of the hospital director.
Main duties of the role:
* Ensure that service user rights are protected.
* Maintain the hygiene, dignity, health and safety of service users at all times.
* Assist service users individually as required to support them with daily routines and activities.
* Observing service users ensuring a safe environment, protecting them from harm.
* Encourage a model of self-care and service user rehabilitation.
* Systematically solve day-to-day basic problematic issues which arise.
* Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams so as to maximise opportunities for service user therapeutic care.
* Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
* If applicable, assist in the administration of medication.
* Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of the service.
* Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
* Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times
* Continual Personal Development to develop oneself and the role.
* Calm-natured and patient
* Good communication skills
* Flexible working methods
* Knowledge and experience of working with vulnerable adults would be advantageous
* Ideally 6 months experience although full training will be provided
About the service:
Barclay House offers rehabilitation to individuals with complex needs following brain injury, stroke and other neurological conditions, huntingdons disease or bariatrics
Email me jobs like these
We'll send jobs matching these to
If you click this button, we will send daily emails featuring similar jobs (Rehabilitation - Leicester) .