We are looking for a confident Care & Support Worker (Nights) with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You’ll be working 42 hours a week (nights only), making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Boden Street, one of our Supported Living Services.
We support individuals with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and behaviours that challenge. Individuals are supported to hold their own tenancy agreement with a registered housing association. Individuals who are interested in living here may have previously been detained within a hospital setting and are ready for a step down placement within their local community.
Meet One Of Our Residents...
"I am cheeky at times and can try to push boundaries to get thing is like, I like to buy lots of designer clothing and sometimes overspend on not essential items so I need additional support to help me budget to make sure I have the items I need and that my bills are paid.
I require support to help me stay safe and free from substance misuse. I struggle with cravings for drugs and caffeine products so I needs support to keep me busy to prevent me thinking of these things.
I like my support workers to be proactive and keep me busy doing things. I can at times not want to do these things so it’s really helpful if you help me want to do things to prevent me wanting to use drugs or drink alcohol.
I can be aggressive at times and need support to not be aggressive towards other. It is important to me that my support workers remain maintain professional boundaries as I can sometimes think you are more my friend. I require support to keep my apartment clean, take my medication at the right times, I require 1:1 support at all times when going into the community as I am risk of relapse without this....
I can at times feel low and this may mean I feel like harming myself, I need plenty of positive praise to remind me how well I am doing and how far I have come."
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all the people in our care
- Provide guidance & encouragement through physical & emotional support
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs & provide help in the most appropriate way
- Assist with medical & welfare needs
- Report on medical & welfare needs as required
- Maintain a safe, clean environment for all
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Opportunities for further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Flexible working with the opportunity for overtime
- Regular coaching & appraisal
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Recruitment referrals
- Genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- An excellent communicator & a good team player
- Sensitive & intuitive with the energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating & varied environment
- Passionate about empowering & supporting service user independence
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To apply, please email your CV directly to [ Email address blocked ]
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Self Motivation
- Team Working