Node Director Finland
The Node Director is the figure head of the EIT Digital Node and drives the development and execution of the
EIT Digital activities in the Node. S/He drives the development of the Node, supports its partnership and
manages the Node Legal Entity and its team. The Node Director is a member of the EIT Digital Management
Committee and collaborates closely with the EIT Digital C-level officers as well as with the EIT Digital
Innovation Leaders and School Heads. The Node Director reports to the CEO of EIT Digital.
* Drive the development and execution of the EIT Digital activities in the Node, supported by the Node
Strategy Committee develop the Node into an active, impactful, and recognised stronghold of EIT Digital
in the Node, including the development of the partnership;
* Align closely with and support the EIT Digital Innovation Leaders and School Heads to guarantee strategic
alignment and operational excellence from the partners in the Education and Innovation Activities of EIT
Digital in order to deliver on EIT Digital KPIs;
* Foster the relationship with the EIT Digital partners in the Node, enabling successful participation of the
partners in the EIT Digital activities, including acquisition of potential new partners in line with the
* Lead and manage the EIT Digital Node LE daily operations and team. Work jointly with HR on staff that is
under the payroll of the Node LE. Lead and manage the planning and reporting of the Node LE (incl.
interface to administration, finance, legal, and HR support);
* Contribute to EIT Digital and Node sustainability through supporting revenue generation from EIT Digital
activities and acquisition of national and regional financial support for the EIT Digital operations;
* Manage upon request and when needed EIT Digital wide key process such as e.g. Performance Report
writing, Springboard orchestration, Business Plan writing, etc.
* Contribution from the Node to the EIT Digital KPIs
* Size, quality and diversity of the Node partnership
* Measurable economic and societal impact of EIT Digital in the Node ecosystem
* Contribution from the Node to the EIT Digital sustainability in terms of new sources of income including
return on investment of EIT financial support
* Success stories from and promotion activities in the Node
Qualifications and Experience
* Strong managerial industrial experience (15+ years) in development and execution of digital innovation
strategies with industry, start-ups, scaleups, universities, and research institutes
* Strong national network (Business, VCs, Incubators, Innovation Centres, Universities)
* Strong international experience, especially in working with European multi-stake holder organizations.
* Academic education and background in computer science (at least MSc, preferably PhD)
* Track record in acquisition of European, national and/or regional innovation financing
* Strong presentation and public appearance skills in English (verbal, written) and ability to convey simple
and effective value propositions and messages
* Aptitude in problem-solving.
* Hands-on with an entrepreneurial mind set.
* Fluent in English and Finnish with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of any other EU is a merit
Place of employment EIT Digital Co-Location Centre, Helsinki, Espoo, Finland
About EIT Digital
EIT Digital is a leading European digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organisation driving
Europe's digital transformation.
EIT Digital delivers breakthrough digital innovations to the market and breeds entrepreneurial talent for
economic growth and improved quality of life in Europe. It does this by mobilising a pan- European ecosystem
of 250 top European corporations, SMEs, start-ups, universities and research institutes. As a Knowledge and
Innovation Community of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, EIT Digital is focused on
entrepreneurship and is at the forefront of integrating education, research and business by bringing together
students, researchers, engineers, business developers and entrepreneurs. This is done in our pan-European
network of Co-Location Centres in Berlin, Budapest, Eindhoven, Helsinki, London, Madrid, Paris, Stockholm
and Trento. We also have a hub in Silicon Valley. For more information, visit www.eitdigital.eu.
EIT Digital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. To build a strong digital Europe that works
for everyone it is vital that we have diverse range of skills, knowledge and experience in the sector. Therefore,
we welcome applications from anyone who meets the below criteria and encourage applications from women,
ethnic minorities, and other underrepresented groups.
Please mail a resume and motivation letter to [Click here to apply]
, outlining how your skills and
experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered.
Additional information can be obtained via [Click here to apply]
Applications should be submitted before 5pm Friday November 29, 2019 EEST (Helsinki Time).