Disability Assessor – (Fully Homebased)Virtual Training Completed
There are two options when undertaking the homebased assessor role, these are Back Office and Front Office – which one you are chosen for depends on business needs.
- reviewing PIP cases and completing paper-based reviews (PBR’s) of those cases at home; you would be the first person to review a PIP case including terminally ill cases and gather the further medical evidence required.Front Office
- completing telephone assessments with individuals with various physical, mental health and/or learning disabilities and then writing up a full report based on your findings. The role as Disability Assessor is a step away from the normal clinical role and involves no treatment, diagnosing, decision making or hands on care, however, you will still be using your clinical skills and knowledge, completing in depth assessments, and writing accurate and detailed reports.
Essential Person Specification:
Core Benefits&Additional Information:
- Post-qualification experience in one of the following occupations: Nurse, Physiotherapist, Paramedic, Occupational Therapist.
- Have an active registration with NMC/HCPC with no restrictions on practice.
- No previous Disability Assessor experience is required as training is provided. However, it is essential that any applicant is either a qualified Nurse, Physiotherapist, Paramedic or Occupational Therapist.
- Appropriate workspace within the home setting that allows you to successfully complete your role
- A full comprehensive training course is provided (for which you are paid a full-time salary).
- 25 days annual leave (plus all eight bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Annual leave (buy/sell)
- Health screening
- NMC/HCPC fee reimbursement
- Continuous Professional Development&support with re-validation
- A stakeholder pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 10% of basic salary
If you think this may be the role for you then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email Abigail Ashcroft – E M
- Business Requirements
- Clinical Works
- Decision Making
- Front Office
- Learning Disabilities