Who we are…
Loveday & Co. offers over 100 years of combined experience in elderly care, healthcare and hospitality. Loveday is recognised as the premier provider of luxury care services in London.
We are passionately devoted to enhancing the lives of our members and their families. We blend our expertise in providing tailored, compassionate care, with world-class hospitality, to create an unrivalled culture of uncompromising excellence in everything we do. Based on the success of our award winning first home in Chelsea, Loveday is expanding across London with both additional properties and innovative new services for seniors.
We are now looking for a Nurse Associate to join us at our flagship care home in Kensington.
Working under the supervision of a RGN, you will ensure the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner through direct nursing care. You'll understand and act in line with NMC professional standards for practice contained within 'The Code' and you'll know when to seek advice and escalate to the appropriate professional for expert help and advice.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all staff members contribute, to the best of their ability, to the efficient running of Loveday Care homes and the creation of an atmosphere conductive to the best interests of our members. Duties may include acting up for the Head of Wellness.
- Reporting any ill health of the members and make requests for GP/Professional visits where necessary.
- Ensuring that Member's care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with members, relatives and other healthcare professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines and company policy.
- Assessing social and health care needs of new members and maintaining on-going assessment and review of all other members.
- Maintaining accurate records and ensuring that each member within the home has an individualised care plan. Members care plans to be reviewed on a monthly basis, or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NMC guidelines & company policy.
- Carrying out regular checks on members at intervals determinate by the head of wellness.
- Ensuring a clear and concise Handover Report is given to all relevant team members at the end of each shift.
- Administrating prescribed medicines and maintaining the appropriate records in accordance with the company's procedure and NMC guidelines.
- Practicing maximum integrity in all dealings with members' affairs.
- Participating in team members and members meeting as and when required.
- Establishing and maintaining good communication with members, and relatives.
- Supervising and mentoring new staff members in all aspects of their work in the home and giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintaining and improving professional knowledge and competence. Keeping professionally updated in all area of clinical expertise.
- Attending mandatory training days/courses on or off site, as and when required.
- Reporting immediately to the head of wellness, head of dementia or general manager, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a member, colleague, self or another.
- Understanding and ensuring the implementation of the home's health and safety, infection control and hygiene policies, and emergency and fire procedures.
- Reporting to the head of wellness, or the maintenance assistant, any fault appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promoting safe working practice within the home.
- Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the home's safeguarding adult's policy, taking steps to protect members from any form of abuse or neglect and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the home management of any concerns.
- Adhering to all new and changes in local and central government initiatives as and when they are implemented.
- Adhering to all appropriate NMC guidelines/regulations.
- Ensuring that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notifying the head of wellness, or the general manager, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensuring the security of the home is maintained at all times.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carrying out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
- Caring For People With Dementia
- Clinical Works
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Diseases And Disorders