An opportunity to use your nursing skills to make a difference to the lives of the disabled children and young people we support
We are looking for a qualified nurse to join our school and residential team working with disabled children who have a range of complex health needs. T?") Cwtch is a children's home and short break provision linked to a School. We take a bespoke person-centred approach. The children/ young people we support have complex health needs and that's where your nursing skills come in.
As part of our nursing team for our children and young people you'll be putting together health care plans, Protocols, risk assessments and liaising with the multi-disciplinary team from the health authority and other outside agencies who support that individual. You will work closely with our in-house therapy team and school/ support staff to ensure a holistic approach is delivered. You'll be administering medications, carrying out other nursing procedures and providing psychological support but you'll also be key to enabling the young people to access the community by accompanying the children and young people to access the community and have fun with whatever they want to do. Your role will also entail training and educating support staff to deliver delegated clinical tasks.
You'll be either a qualified Children's nurse or RNLD nurse with clinical experience.
The clinical aspects of your role will include but not be limited to: medication administration, wound care, catheter care, gastrostomy/Nasogastric tube and tracheotomy care, bowel care and other procedures that would ensure the health and well-being of our children and young people.
You'll need to have a solution focused approach, excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude and a willingness to challenge yourself to develop new skills.
Our day shifts cover 07.45 to 20.15 however shorter shifts can be worked within these times. Our night shifts are from 19.45 - 08.15 Full time and part time positions are available. We believe flexibility works both ways so whilst shifts need to be covered we work within the team to ensure other commitments can be honoured as they arise.
For more information about the role and whether it is right for you please call Emma Morgan on (phone number removed)
Salary is between £30,000 and £34,000 depending on experience.
What can we offer you?
* Perkbox -We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
* Employee Support Helpline- You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and wellbeing and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
* Induction- Support Workers joining us will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to their specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
* Training/Qualification Opportunities- In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Care Certificate. You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
* Mentorship programme - We have close links with the local University and offer a mentorship programme, provided by the university to enable us to mentor student nurses.
* Competitive rates of pay
* Internal progression opportunities
If you are looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply.
We're committed to equal opportunities and particularly welcome applications from disabled people. Successful applicants for the Nurses role will need to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Ambito Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All offers of employment are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, in line with our stringent safer recruitment policy.
Our Ref: #nursecampaign321
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £34,000.00 /year
* NMC (Required)