Applications close in 4 days
Nursery Chef - No Evenings or Weekends
Enhanced holiday entitlement increasing with service
Busy Bees in Belper Alton Manor are looking for a Nursery Chef to join our Team. Working Monday to Friday only with no evenings or weekends!
The top 5 Reasons to join us!
1. Childcare provision with substantial childcare discounts
2. Excellent in-house training, opportunity to gain further qualifications, Virtual learning and career progression opportunities
3. Exclusive access to UP*; Busy Bees unique early years learning programme
4. Retail Discounts Scheme via an online benefits portal
5. Global exchange programme (short term secondment to another country)
*Visit our website to find out more
Treetops is now part of the Busy Bees Nurseries Group. Located on Gregory's Way, Belper, Derbyshire, our purpose-built Alton Manor day nursery and preschool has recently undergone extensive refurbishment and is perfectly positioned for local families from neighbouring estates. Treetops Alton Manor, Day Nursery and preschool is also well connected for commuters to nearby Nottingham, Derby and beyond with fantastic road, bus and train links including the A38, A6, A610 and M1. Our expert and passionate team caters for children aged 12 weeks up to the age of 5 across four individual rooms, especially designed to provide tailored, age and stage-appropriate activities and experiences.
Established by 3 families in 1984 Busy Bees is now the UK's largest childcare company with over 350 nurseries across the UK.
To give every child the best start in life
Deliver high quality childcare & Exciting opportunities for learning that gives every child a head start as they prepare for school
As Nursery Chef you will be responsible for the overall food preparation, cooking and serving of food to children at various times throughout the day, this should be done using the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness.
Care: We take care very seriously
* Follow safe working practices for children and staff to comply with Busy Bees food hygiene and safety policies.
* Play a role in the education of our children's development by promoting good hygiene standards and spending time within the rooms teaching them basic cooking skills and promoting healthy eating.
* Speak Up against practices that don't support safeguarding or our Core Values.
Service: We are an integral part of a parent's support network
* Provide high quality, nutritious, freshy prepared meals and snacks in appropriate portion sizes and consistencies in line with food hygiene and safety regulations and Busy Bees policies.
* Liaise with suppliers to ensure good levels of service are provided.
* Accept deliveries and store away appropriately following correct manual handling techniques and effective stock rotation.
Quality: We set and maintain the highest standards it's what children and parents deserve
* Liaise with regulatory bodies during their inspection visits, ensuring action points and recommendations are addressed in a timely manner.
* Comply with the company's procedures relating to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). Through understanding the principals of storing and using cleaning materials safely and taking precautions to protect yourself and others and ensure that records are up to date and available.
Value: We ensure that we provide outstanding value for money
* Ordering food supplies to meet the menu requirements within budget.
* Report any damages, repairs to the nursery management team so it can be logged with estates, take action to control any risk and make reference to this in your daily food safety book.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
* At least 1 years previous experience working within a catering environment with an excellent understanding of food hygiene standards and allergens.
* A good understanding of food standards requirements for the management of medical conditions, in particular allergies associate with food.
* Food Hygiene Level 2 qualification (Essential)
* Recognised catering qualification (Desirable)
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS Check